Some would say that the hardest part in making pizza is the crust. Many people think that making a homemade pizza crust is something that only professional cooks can do. They do not realize that making pizza is actually on of the easiest foods to make. Once you get the hang of making the pizza crust, you will be making pizzas in almost no time.
The instructions below will show you how to make a homemade pizza crust that is very popular in traditional American households. The recipe is so easy that anyone should be able to do it. With some practice you will understand the technicalities behind making pizza crusts and will be able to experiment by making different types of crusts.
The things that you will need:
You are going to need a large bowl where you will mix your ingredients and a large flat surface which you will use to shape your dough.
2 cups of Flour (all-purpose flour preferably)
1 tea spoon of Salt
2 table spoons of Olive Oil
3/4 cup of Warm Water (not boiling)
1 table spoon of Sugar
2 table spoons or 1 envelope of Active Dry Yeast
- Firstly take the water, sugar, yeast and mix it together in the large bowl. Set if aside for at least 10 minutes and let it rise up. If it does not rise up then either the water is too hot or the yeast is dead.
- Add one cup of flour to the mixture and combine the mixture. Set the mixture aside for a while so that your dough can acquire a flavor. I usually let it rest for about 20 minutes.
- Add the salt, olive oil, and the optional ingredients to the mixture. Start adding the rest of the flour slowly while mixing the dough.
- Make sure that your dough is not to sticky. If it is then add some more flour and then fold the dough thoroughly and put in the shape of a ball
- Place the dough in a bowl, drizzle some oil over it and cover the bowl with a plastic wrap. Place the bowl in some warm place where the dough will double in size. This process will take about 40 minutes.
- After the dough has grown larger, take it out and shape the dough in the form of homemade pizza crust.
- Put your formed pizza dough in the oven for over 5 minutes at 400 F. Take it out and put whatever toppings you want on your crust. Then bake your pizza for about 20 minutes or until your crust gets golden brown on the sides.
This easy recipe can be done by anyone and with time making pizza crusts will become as easy as 1, 2, 3. I hope that you enjoyed making the pizza crust and that you had great time learning.